(WASHINGTON, DC) – As of 8 pm on Friday, March 20, the District’s coronavirus (COVID-19) data includes 9 new positive cases, bringing the District’s overall positive case total to 77 individuals.
- 21-year-old male
- 21-year-old female
- 28-year-old male
- 31-year-old male
- 34-year-old male
- 50-year-old male
- 51-year-old male
- 54-year-old female
- 60-year-old male
*Three positive cases from commercial lab reported yesterday are now attributed to other jurisdictions.
With ongoing community transmission, contact tracing is focused on positive cases associated with childcare facilities, schools and universities, healthcare facilities, senior care facilities, correctional and detention centers, and facilities serving individuals who are experiencing homelessness. Guidance will be published for healthcare providers, employers and the public to provide information on what to do if you have been diagnosed with or are a contact of someone who has COVID-19.
District residents are encouraged to continue practicing social distancing and take the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
For more information on the District’s response, visit coronavirus.dc.gov.