Take the Shot, DC. Pre-Register for Your Vaccination Appointment.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Pre-registration system for making vaccination appointments is open by clicking above or by calling the COVID-19 Call Center at 1-855-363-0333. For deaf/hard-of-hearing individuals, dial 711 for TTY service. If you are pre-registered and in an eligible population, you may be contacted via email or phone to book your appointment. Due to limits on available appointments, it may take weeks for you to receive an invitation to book an appointment.
Beginning Monday, April 12, all DC residents 16 and older will become eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Washington, DC.
Invitations to book appointments will be sent:
- Thursdays by 10:00 a.m.
- Sundays by 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays by 10:00 a.m. (only if any appointments remain to be filled)
Community Vaccination Opportunities
- DC residents 65 and older, teachers and school staff, child care workers, and health care workers can book appointments through the CVS site (when appointments are available)
- Upcoming special initiatives include:
- Faith in the Vaccine clinic at Shrine of the Sacred Heart on Wednesday, April 14 and Saturday, April 17. Eligibility for the clinic includes: DC residents 65 and older; DC residents 18-64 with a qualifying medical condition; and members of an eligible workforce. Eligible persons should contact the church for more information and to pre-register.
- A special COVID-19 vaccination clinic for District residents experiencing homelessness launched at the corner of 1st and E Streets NW. The clinic is only for residents experiencing homelessness, and will be open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. No pre-registration is required at this site.
- DC Veterans and spouses can call the DC VA Medical Center to schedule appointment at 202-745-4342.
Need to Change Information or Remove Your Registration?
Individuals who previously pre-registered for an appointment through the portal and who have already received their vaccination elsewhere can email [email protected] or call 1-855-363-0333 to have their information removed from the pre-registration list. For deaf/hard-of-hearing individuals, dial 711 for TTY service.
Who is Eligible?
Currently the following essential employees are also eligible: individuals who work in health care settings; members of the Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department; members of the Metropolitan Police Department; Continuity of District Government personnel; Department of Corrections employees and residents; teachers and staff at DC schools; child care workers and staff; individuals who work in a grocery store setting; outreach workers in health, human, and social services; individuals who work in manufacturing; individuals who work in food packaging; staff working in courts and individuals providing legal services; frontline employees of public (mass) transit; employees of the U.S. Postal Service; staff working in food service; essential employees in local government agencies; essential employees of public utilities; essential employees in health, human, and social services organizations/agencies who were not vaccinated as outreach workers; individuals working in commercial and residential property maintenance and environmental services; individuals working in non-public transit transportation services (i.e. for hire vehicles, ride share); individuals working in logistics/delivery/courier services; essential employees working in media and mass communications; essential employees of institutions of higher education; individuals working in construction; all essential employees working in information technology; essential employees working in federal government agencies; and individuals working in commercial and residential property management.
Essential workers must be working in person in Washington, DC.
District hospitals have started outreach to schedule their patient population of DC residents 65 years and older. Please visit the hospital website where you are a patient (seen by the hospital in an outpatient clinic within the last two years) for instructions on how to register for an available appointment. Like the District’s COVID-19 vaccination scheduling portal, hospital appointments are limited.
Schedule a Hospital Appointment
- Howard University Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- The George Washington University Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- United Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente members should visit kp.org/DCvaccine for the latest information on COVID vaccines.
Schedule a Health Center Appointment
District Health centers are also scheduling their patient population of DC residents 65 years and older. If you are a patient at one of the following health centers, please contact them to see if there is any schedule availability for appointments. Of note, allocations of vaccine are very limited.
- Mary’s Center please visit website
- Community of Hope please call (202) 540-9857
- Unity (Upper Cardoza) please visit eCW portal, website, or call (202) 469-4699
- Unity (Brentwood) please visit eCW portal, website, or call (202) 469-4699
- Bread for the City please visit eCW portal or our website
- La Clinica del Pueblo please visit website
- Elaine Ellis Center of Health please call (202) 803-2340
- Whitman-Walker Health please vist website
- Family and Medical Counseling Service, Inc please call (202) 889-7900
- Providence Health System please visit website or call (202) 854-7629
The District’s Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) cover all transportation (free of charge), to and from, all medically necessary covered services and appointments. To request transportation, the Enrollee should call the following number to schedule the service:
AmeriHealth Caritas DC | Call 1-800-315-3485. Rides available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
CareFirst Community Health Plan DC | Call MTM1 at 1-855-824-5693. Rides available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Health Services for Children with Special Needs | Call SET Transportation at 1-866-991-5433
MedStar Family Choice DC | Call 1-866-201-9974
Pre-Register for Vaccination Appointment
Note: For the best experience, please use a modern web browser such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Firefox. Internet Explorer will not work. Your computer should also be using the following operating system: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and above and iOS Leopard and above (Version 11).